News and Announcements
Dates: April 7 & 14, 2015
Participants are required to attend both sessions.
Registration now open!
Time: 7pm – 9:30pm
Venue: PISE building, room 329A 4371 Interurban Road, Victoria
Cost: $60 FHBC members, $80 non-members
Cheques to be made payable to ‘Field Hockey BC,’ candidates can also pay online at the end of the registration process.
Course Conductor: Denise McGeachy
This course is open to umpires interested in the first steps towards fulfilling the Community and Provincial certification requirements, umpires that need a refresher, and umpires with expired certifications. Candidates should be at least 13 years old. Please click here to register for this course. Last day to register is Wednesday, April 1, 2015.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Kathryn at the Field Hockey BC office at (604) 737-3146 or email@example.com
The season will be off to a great start in no time – and we’re going to capture proof of the fun early this year!
Photo Day will be on Saturday, April 18 and Sunday, April 19 this year for players in U12 and younger.
Everyone in these age groups will receive a player and a team photo, but additional photos may also be ordered. Special order forms for this service are available here: http://www.victoriajuniorfieldhockey.ca/clubs/393/documents/112162
If you have any questions, or can’t make your practice that week, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep on smiling!
The Victoria Junior Field Hockey Association (VJFHA) conducts a spring field hockey league from April through June each year. The Association is looking for a contract Administrator, reporting to the Association Treasurer, from May 2015 through June 2016 to assist with in-season and post-season activities for the 2015 season; and pre-season, in-season and post-season activities for the 2016 season. The work centres on membership management and communication. The contract will be reviewed for renewal on an annual basis by the board of directors.
Each year VJFHA runs a 10 week program for girls and boys aged 4 through 18. In 2014, over 400 players and 100 coaches were involved in the recreationally-focussed program. An on-line system is used for player registration and payment of fees. The majority of the administration work occurs in February through April each year.
• provide and manage email communication to players, parents, division coordinators and coaches
• provide the lead administration role for the on-line registration system
• provide and manage specialised accounts for master coaches and division coordinators; and train coaches/coordinators in use of the system
• support players/parents as they register using the on-line system
• manage and maintain registration related information
• develop, maintain, manage and distribute division and team player lists
• prepare and submit player registration information to Field Hockey BC
• provide support to VJFHA special events such as Come Try the Game Free Days, First Day of Season, Photo Day, End of Season events, and Jamboree Day
• provide updates to the Board as requested
• provide a year-end report by June 30 each year
• attend VJFHA Board meetings when appropriate
You will bring to this position:
• good oral and written communication skills
• self-motivation and good attention to detail
• ability to provide positive phone and email support to people having trouble registering on the Juniors website
• your own computer for accessing email accounts and updating on-line resources
• available to work 40+ hours in each of February, March and April 2016
• knowledge of VJFHA activities and the game of field hockey is preferred
Proposed payment schedule and expected hours:
• Dec – $200 – 10 hours
• Jan – $500 – 25 hours
• Feb – $800 – 40 hours
• Mar – $1000 – 50 hours
• Apr – $1300 – 65 hours
• May – $300 – 15 hours
• June – $200 – 10 hours
• July through November – $200 – 10 hours over the five month period
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications for the position via email to Bill Moffat, Treasurer, Victoria Junior Field Hockey Association at email@example.com no later than April 7, 2015. All questions should be directed to the above email address.
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing the online registration please check your web browser:
Safari and Internet Explorer can cause difficulties for some users.
Our annual Come Try the Game Free session is happening at UVIC this Sunday, March 6, 9-10 am – bring your kids, friends, neighbours, or family aged 4-18 to try a new sport! We provide sticks, balls, coaching, and fun! Sign up at http://www.teampages.com/forms/1073-Sign-Up-for-Come-Try-the-Game-Free.