June 19-20 Information
The Victoria Junior League is delighted to announce that we have been in conversation with our facility provider, the University of Victoria, and they have granted approval for this weekend’s junior league sessions, June 19-20, to be able to be played in accordance with FHBC, Via Sport and the PHO Restart 2.0 plans. More info: https://fieldhockeybc.com/covid-19-response/
We want to respect the comfort levels of all families so we decided to only open up play for the last weekend to allow you to make the decision about whether this is right for your child and your family.
Below is an outline of what you can expect and what will still be required for play this weekend, June 19-20:
1. All participants and coaches will still be required to fill out their online COVID attestation form as per normal
2. Safety officers will still be present to check players in and ensure guidelines are being met
3. Players must still wear masks and physically distance when approaching the venue and when not within the white lines of the playing field (ie. Participants must physically distance when returning to their bags on the sidelines)
4. Players do not have to wear a mask when on the playing field and can be within 3-meters of other personnel on the field ie. Games, game-like play will now happen
5. Coaches will still be mindful to not have drills or games that encourage actual contact like bump tag or tag but we can now have things like actual games, 2v1s, queen of the ring, etc.
6. Participants will still not be allowed to touch equipment (cones, nets, balls, etc.)
7. No spectators are allowed still as we still have a venue capacity of 50 people which is met with all our participants
The entire session will not be a game as FHBC has advised we are cautious of the potential for injury for jumping right into games and for having a whole session be games. The players will still do a thorough warm-up, some technical drills (but finally some defence and game-like play) and then they will break into mini games.
The U8-U12 players will play ¼ field (4v4 or 5v5) and the U14-18 players will play half field (7v7 or 8v8). The teams will be playing against other teams that are on their shared field (ie. Pink vs red not just pink playing within pink). If you have questions about the format or any of the health and safety please don’t hesitate to reach out to Ali Baggott, Master Coach and Technical Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-418-5633.
If you have borrowed equipment from the league but choose not to play this weekend, please drop off your equipment on Saturday (9am-12:30pm at Field 1) or Sunday (9am-4:30pm at Field 1 or 3) in the bins provided. If you need to make special arrangements for alternate drop off, please just e-mail us at email@example.com
If you have any questions, concerns or choose not to participate we understand. Please reach out.
Thank you for helping us make this season possible and for helping us do it so safely.
Questions, concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org