News and Announcements
Field Hockey Victoria is looking for a new Turf Coordinator for start in September 2021. FHV would like to thank Tanya McKinney for fulfilling this role so dutifully since 2014.
Field Hockey Victoria (FHV) is the umbrella organization for the Victoria Junior Field Hockey Association (VJFHA), the Vancouver Island Ladies Field Hockey Association (VILFHA), the Vancouver Island Field Hockey Association (VIFHA) and the Umpires Association. One of the main responsibilities of this organization is to oversee the relationship and procedures for booking the artificial water-based field (Field 1) at the University of Victoria.
The FHV Turf Coordinator shall:
• Schedule bookings of all turf times for the field hockey community in Victoria, except UVic teams.
• Provide field use permit(s) to each group if needed.
• Provide a listing of booked times and available times on request to any group.
• Provide UVic Athletics and Recreation with all cancellations, revisions and requests as per agreement with UVic.
• Invoice user groups at least quarterly – in conjunction with the FHV Treasurer.
• Report to the Board as directed.
The successful candidate can demonstrate:
• An ability to schedule sports groups with competing needs using a priority matrix, required.
• Possess strong computer skills and up-to-date software, including email, Excel and Adobe Reader, required.
• Good communication and organizational skills, essential.
• Knowledge of the Victoria field hockey community, preferred.
• Be available each week throughout the year to manage the bookings and communication, required – local availability is not required as the duties can be conducted using email.
Appointment & Annual Review
• Appointment will be for one year commencing September 1, 2021
• Continuation of appointment with be subject to annual performance and suitability review by the FHV Board
• Preference will be given to candidates who do not currently sit on one of the Field Hockey Victoria members boards.
• Renumeration: $250 per month based on approximately 12 hours of work per month
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications for the position via e-mail to Mark Baggott, President Field Hockey Victoria at email@example.com no later than August 22, 2021 at 11:59pm. All questions may also be directed to Mark at the above email address.
The document FHV-TurfCoordinator-Posting-2021.pdf was attached to this post.
The Victoria Junior League is delighted to announce that we have been in conversation with our facility provider, the University of Victoria, and they have granted approval for this weekend’s junior league sessions, June 19-20, to be able to be played in accordance with FHBC, Via Sport and the PHO Restart 2.0 plans. More info: https://fieldhockeybc.com/covid-19-response/
We want to respect the comfort levels of all families so we decided to only open up play for the last weekend to allow you to make the decision about whether this is right for your child and your family.
Below is an outline of what you can expect and what will still be required for play this weekend, June 19-20:
1. All participants and coaches will still be required to fill out their online COVID attestation form as per normal
2. Safety officers will still be present to check players in and ensure guidelines are being met
3. Players must still wear masks and physically distance when approaching the venue and when not within the white lines of the playing field (ie. Participants must physically distance when returning to their bags on the sidelines)
4. Players do not have to wear a mask when on the playing field and can be within 3-meters of other personnel on the field ie. Games, game-like play will now happen
5. Coaches will still be mindful to not have drills or games that encourage actual contact like bump tag or tag but we can now have things like actual games, 2v1s, queen of the ring, etc.
6. Participants will still not be allowed to touch equipment (cones, nets, balls, etc.)
7. No spectators are allowed still as we still have a venue capacity of 50 people which is met with all our participants
The entire session will not be a game as FHBC has advised we are cautious of the potential for injury for jumping right into games and for having a whole session be games. The players will still do a thorough warm-up, some technical drills (but finally some defence and game-like play) and then they will break into mini games.
The U8-U12 players will play ¼ field (4v4 or 5v5) and the U14-18 players will play half field (7v7 or 8v8). The teams will be playing against other teams that are on their shared field (ie. Pink vs red not just pink playing within pink). If you have questions about the format or any of the health and safety please don’t hesitate to reach out to Ali Baggott, Master Coach and Technical Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-418-5633.
If you have borrowed equipment from the league but choose not to play this weekend, please drop off your equipment on Saturday (9am-12:30pm at Field 1) or Sunday (9am-4:30pm at Field 1 or 3) in the bins provided. If you need to make special arrangements for alternate drop off, please just e-mail us at email@example.com
If you have any questions, concerns or choose not to participate we understand. Please reach out.
Thank you for helping us make this season possible and for helping us do it so safely.
Questions, concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our welcome to the 2021 VJFHA Spring League season video here:
Welcome to the 2021 season. Things are a little bit different this Spring so we wanted to make sure you had all the details before the first weekend on April 10th and 11th.
00:19 Equipment that you need (stick, shoes, shin guards, mouthguard)
01:00 Health and safety online waiver
01:19 Parking for Field 1 vs Field 3
01:56 Wear a mask and stay physically distant
02:19 No spectators allowed
02:29 Follow signage for entry and exit
02:38 Thank you and closing remarks
For questions, e-mail email@example.com and check out our website at victoriajuniorfieldhockey.ca
Thank you for your patience. We are excited to announce that the 2021 Victoria Junior League season will be running from April 10 to June 20, 2021 for all ages U6 to U18 boys and girls.
We have been working hard to ensure that we can provide a safe training environment that still have the same fun and learning as our usual seasons. All of the details and tabs on our website have been updated to reflect the 2021 season.
Registration will open Friday, February 12 at 7:00 a.m. and it will be first-come, first-served.
We have a number of modifications for this year’s season in order to follow the Public Health Officer’s guidelines for youth sport. Most notably, you will notice that our plan is to run our season in accordance with Field Hockey BC and ViaSport’s Stage 1 Return to Play Framework. This means that participants will be focusing more on technical skills and skill games that take place with physical distancing from others at all times. The biggest change you will notice is that there will be no game days and no games at the end of practice.
In addition, there will be no spectators allowed in or around the facility except for our Kindies (age 5-6) age group which will require a parent per participant for each session.
The numbers of participants per age group this year is somewhat lower than previous years to ensure we are in line with field maximums.
The full details of what to expect this season are listed on our website here: http://victoriajuniorfieldhockey.ca/clubs/393/pages/182507
We hope you will be able to join us this season.
Mark your calendars and register online at the below link starting at 7:00 am on Friday, Feb. 12:
If you have any questions, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Field Hockey Community!
The Victoria Junior Field Hockey Association would like to invite you to the 2020 Annual General Meeting. They are looking for some new Board Members to join our team. They are looking for people who are interested in getting involved in the field hockey community and helping the next generation.
For interested parents, you will have a direct hand in shaping the association to benefit all children in our sport. This is a great way to acquire some professional development in a volunteer organization and to give you a chance to offer your ideas and perspective.
The AGM will be held on Thursday December 10, 2020 at 7pm via ZOOM. Everyone is welcome to attend the AGM.
Meeting ID: 858 4649 0301
The order of business will be as follows:
1. Call to order
2. Approval of agenda
3. Approval of previous minutes – September 16, 2019
4. Treasurer’s report – Charles
5. Chair’s report – Shibby Claire
6. 2020-2021 Season- What it will look like with Covid
• President – Shibby Claire (incumbent)
• Vice-President – Jim Knight
• Secretary – Shalegh Ringma (incumbent)
• Treasurer – Charles Goodmanson (incumbent)
• Girls Coordinator – Julie Williams/Lauren Goodmanson
• Boys Coordinator – Jim Knight/Meena Sran
• Directors-at-Large Kelvin Kum & 2 vacant positions
9. Other business